Monday, September 28, 2009

Artists in the Making

So, we totally copied this idea from another couple but I would recommend it as a cheap date night to anyone, it was lots of fun! We went to Micheal's and bought a canvas plus some paint and became artists for the day. I have ZERO art experience so my side wasn't looking real good at first (I am not telling which side was mine) but eventually I copied Adam's strokes and he helped fix a few spots and this is what we came up with:



The Artists
(this is an unrelated picture but we didn't take any of us painting together; this is us at a really delicious restaurant on the dock! )


The Finished Product


We realized after that we should have taken more pictures of the progression of the painting because believe me, it came a LONG way! Maybe next time...

4 comments:

  1. That is such a fun idea. We are really boring and never do anything creative. We need to take tips from you guys! Do you remember that cute little bowl that Suzi and David had with suggestions of things to do if they ever got bored? I just thought of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative, and extremely talented! What a good idea. I am missing you a ton, Erica. I went on a run and thought of you. It's so much more fun with a partner and a lot of good stories! I hope school is going well for Adam. Can't wait to chat with you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, so pretty and sheek. That's a super fun thing to do...I would never be so creative, but luv it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the art date idea and it turned out great! I am going to show Graham this. I miss you Erica and I hope life is treating you well in Naples. xoxo

    ReplyDelete