Friday, September 18, 2009

Labor Day/Fishing



(Oh, yea we wore sports team shirts and got a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich on the way)

When we got back we all went to a BBQ at Melissa & Kenny's house. It was lots of fun and good to have something to do since it's our first holiday away from family.


The next day I figured Adam would study ALL day because he spent the weekend in Dallas at the BYU game (Go Cougars!) and Labor Day playing with me. But no, his friend Tom invited us to go fishing and he wanted to go. I have only been fishing two other times, once with my uncle in between waterskiing (that didn't work), and once about a month before we moved here with friends in Utah. Neither of those trips were successful and as you can see below the trip in Utah was in the middle of the summer but was FREEZING!


















But the scenery was gorgeous!









This trip was a bit different. We went out to Marco Island, waded across this HOT swampy water, caught our own live bait (I left that to Adam and Tom) then walked a path over to the ocean. Yep, fishing off the beach into the ocean. The boys were catching some catfish and ladyfish but they kept seeing this big fish, called Snook that they both wanted. I was just hanging out on the beach getting some sun, I'm not much of a fisher. After about an hour I was getting bored so I asked Adam to show me how. He baited my hook for me and showed me how to cast. I cast once and nothing, then the second cast I felt this huge pull and my line was spinning out like crazy...here's what I found at the end of my line:

My First Catch
Snook



Adam's First Catch
(I totally beat him!)

Adam & Tom

I think Adam's got something here...

Finally a Snook!

Adam ended the day catching up to my fish and he has the tough guy face to prove it:] So the moral of the story is, I like fishing more than I thought and I love living by the beach!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys found lots of friends fast! Awesome. What fun stories. Fishing in a swimming suit looks so fun and your fish were huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO impressed!!! Looks like you're having a blast. If this is what law school is like, sign me up :-)!!! I miss you two!

    ReplyDelete