Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wyatt


Here's the story of a little boy named Wyatt. It all started on Sunday February 21st. I started the day with work from 10-4, when I got home my visiting teacher's came, then we went to our friend's son's baptism at 6:00 PM. After the baptism I was feeling way tired but I figured it was just from being on my feet all day. We finished the day over at the Hardy's house after the baptism for some dinner. At 9:00 we were saying our last thank yous and goodbyes and I had a painful contraction. By the time we made the 10 minute drive home I was having another one. These were the first contractions that actually hurt so I didn't think to much of it. I laid down for a bit once we were home. Then our friend Ryan came over at 10:00 and I didn't want to be bad company so I moved from the bed to the couch to hang out. The contractions kept coming but were anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes apart so still not too worried. He left around 11:30 and Adam and I went to bed. From 12-2 :30 the contractions kept coming but I kept waiting because I did NOT want to go to the hospital and get sent home!
Finally at 2:30 I woke up Adam and said they were painful and close together so he sat with me and timed them. By 3:30 I thought I would die but Adam was not fully on board with the fact that I was in labor. If they were even one second above 5 minutes apart he would say, that one was over 5 minutes. Funny boy, I finally made an executive decision that it was time.

We got to the hospital and I was at a 3 and 90 percent thinned. I got into a room and I really wanted an epidural at this point so after another two hours of waiting (that's another story for another time) I finally got what I wanted. Let me just tell you after having contractions for 9 hours without anything I don't know how people go natural all the way! I am a firm believer in epidurals and will be getting one with any and all future pregnancies:)
By 6 AM I was totally relaxed and from there it was all downhill. Adam and I just hung out and took naps and at noon the nurse said let's start pushing. I pushed for an hour, the doctor came in the last 10 minutes and out popped Wyatt. He didn't even make a peep. He was a little stressed when he came out cause he was stuck for a minute but once they got things going he still never cried. It kind of freaked me out cause I thought something was wrong but they said he was fine just looking around.

Seriously?! Look a those chubby little cheeks, that was seconds after birth..he must take after his mom:)

Adam said he was going to wait in the lobby smoking cigars with the boys until the baby was born. Instead he was there the whole time supporting my back while I pushed, what a guy!

And so after a long absence from the blogging world there's the story of Wyatt. He still doesn't cry much even to this day, only when he's hungry but that's okay cause I cry when I'm hungry too:)

Crazy how fast they become your whole life...what a life to have:)

5 comments:

  1. Erica, he is seriously SO CUTE! I love his little cheeks. He sounds just like you, so easy going. I am jealous that he doesn't cry much, but it gives me hope that my next baby might be like that! I hope you are loving being a mom because I am positive you are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is super cute! I am glad he has been a good baby for you guys! I was super worried to go to the hospital as well, for fear I would get sent home, I was happy when they told me I was dilated to an 8! It sounds like labor went well for you, besides waiting so long for the epidural!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love a chubby baby. Mmmm, mmmm. Fun to talk to you today, I hope I get to somehow meet that baby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erica! I am so happy for you- Wyatt is beautiful and I love the name. Thank you for sharing your story- I have really been wanting to know how it all happened. I hope that being a new mommy is treating you well and that you are getting a little sleep. When you are having a good day and have a moment- call me, I would love to catch up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those chubby cheeks. He is so adorable! All-in all it seems like you had a great labor and delivery. Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete