Monday, January 25, 2010

Grandparents

Grandparents. What more do I say? They are always so giving of their time, knowledge, love, support, etc. Plus all they really want in return is knowing you. Whether it's a visit, a phone call or a card. We made sure to spend some extra time with our grandparents while we were home for Christmas.
First there's my grandma. She's a real trooper and although she's sad without my grandpa she's still really positive and ready to live life. She goes to all of her kids, gradkids and great grandkids functions. She sends cards to everyone for birthdays, holidays, even anniversaries! I'm pretty sure she singlehandedly keeps the Hallmark in Brigham City in business. She's fun and so easy to love!


Then there's Adam's Grandpa Hensley. He's one of the nicest guy you could ever meet. In the four years I've known him here's what I can say. He keeps himself very informed and is a great conversationalist. He is genuinely glad to see you and makes sure to let you know that whenever you're together. And on a funny note he can't hear a thing when I talk to him but for some reason he can hear Adam's tone of voice just fine:) Good thing he also has a talent for reading lips! Oh, yea plus he and Adam look alike so if Adam's as cute as him when he grows up then we're set!


Then there's Adam's Grandma & Grandpa Roberts. They seem to have lots of fun together. They are in their mid 80's and still find time to travel to California, Idaho, wherever they feel like going at the time. They have all sorts of topics they are interested in and I feel like I always learn something new after spending time with them. Unfortunately after 3 visits with them I got zero pictures!!! Even worse, I couldn't even find a picture of them together over the last few years of knowing them. But I did find this great picture of Adam's grandpa playing the sax at our wedding:)

So, here's to grandparents and the legacy they leave behind!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I love grandparents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see your Mom in the picture of you and your grandma. I LOVE grandparent's too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I haven't checked your blog forever! Look at all these pics of prego Erica!! You are the cutest pregnant lady EVER!! You are going to have to give me lessons on how to be such a stylin' pregnant lady! I miss you a ton! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas season! Love you!

    ReplyDelete