Friday, February 5, 2010

Off to the races!!


We went to the greyhound dog races last weekend and they were pretty entertaining...even for a non-animal lover like myself! Plus it only costs $2 to get in which is the perfect date price:) They have a bunch of different races with different classes of dogs (A, B, C, D) depending on how well they race. They even have Sparky, the mechanical rabbit that races around the track ahead of the dogs.
Here's a couple shots of the dogs:



Us with our friends Ryan and Tricia

The Dog Track
***This picture doesn't do it justice. Compared to my images of what a dog track would look like and the first impression of the building we pulled up to, it was gorgeous! Plus we were sitting outside at night in 70 degree weather, what can beat that?!

Our Bookie
Haha. Just kidding but here's Adam and Ryan learning how the odds work, which dogs were favored and the different kinds of bets you could make like a box or trifecta. I personally like to bet based on the name of the dog and the way he looks:)

Adam and Me
We are trying to get in as many dates as we can this last month because really who knows when it will happen again?!? We are getting very excited for the babe to arrive!

4 comments:

  1. It is so smart to spend lots of alone time together while it lasts. I'm so excited that he will be here so quickly. I hope you are still feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERICA! You are SO close! I am so so excited for you! For the next 22 days enjoy your time together and all the sleep you can handle! The dog races look fun! Great date idea! Did you win big?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting so close! I'm so excited for you! You're going to love motherhood so much! You are looking better than ever and yes....get out as much as you can because the first 2 months are pretty inside weeks. Don't forget to text me when he comes! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Erica- I am so excited for you- you look great! I can't believe that we didn't get to see each other while you were in Utah (it didn't help that I was in Cali the entire time). How are you feeling? I think I am going to give you a call this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete